April 8, 2020
Contact: Rhea, Sydney – 518-755 3434
Or info@MIC-colorado.org – 720–733-8000
Meetings Industry Council of Colorado
20th Annual Educational Conference and Trade Show
Denver, CO – The Meetings Industry Council (MIC) of Colorado hosted 1000 registered attendees for the 20th Annual MIC Conference & Trade Show on March 10 and 11, 2020. Feedback from those attending the two-day conference at the Colorado Convention Center declared it a resounding success, despite the COVID-19 threat that hit the state that week.
The first day of the conference included a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Boot Camp for 60 attendees followed by a State of the Industry for meeting professionals with Michael Dominguez, President and CEO of Associated Luxury Hotels International (ALHI). The day continued with Opening Keynote and bestselling author Judi Holler, a Business Networking Tradeshow with over 100 exhibitors and Opening Reception.
The second day of the conference opened with Keynote Simon T Bailey, a breakthrough strategist whose life’s purpose is to teach 1 billion+ people how to be fearless and create their futures. He equips companies with the tools necessary to effect cultural transformation resulting in higher employee engagement and platinum customer service experiences. He challenges individuals to dig deep to find and release their inner brilliance and become Chief Breakthrough Officers – personally and professionally.
The 2020 MIC Luncheon & Awards included the 2019 MIC Leadership Award presented to Ellen Collins, CMP, Director of Global Sales for Vail Resorts Management Company. For more information on this prestigious award, please visit the MIC 2019 Leadership Award webpage. Two MIC Chair Awards were also presented to Sydney Rhea, MIC Director-at-Large of Communication, and Sarah Michel, MIC Director-at-large Programs. The 2020 awards also included the recognition of 2019-2020 Chair Jenn Wade, CMP awarded by the MIC Council and presented by Chair Elect, Kimberly Forte, CGMP.
The entire event was capped by a riveting closing address from Keynote Vinh Giang on “Perspective, Collaboration is the Key to Success.”
Meetings Industry Council (MIC) of Colorado Mission & Purpose:
The Meetings Industry Council (MIC) of Colorado enhances collaboration among member organizations to foster the growth of the meetings and events industry in Colorado and beyond.
The benefits of the collaborative efforts of MIC include:
- Planning, promoting and execution of the MIC Annual Conference. This effort allows us to maintain one or two full-day, all-inclusive conference for networking, education and trade show/supplier opportunities.
- Exchanging calendars of events to avoid duplication of meeting dates
- Sharing chapter programming information and educational articles for inclusion in each other’s newsletters and providing membership mailing lists once a year per organization to promote organization-sponsored events
- Initiating special joint programs pertaining to relevant issues within the meetings industry
- Expanding networking opportunities and knowledge of the industry
- Initiating joint recommendations and action on pertinent issues to the industry, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Serving Up Hope – Community Service Event
See mic-colorado.org for more information on MIC and to see all photos from the 2020 MIC Conference & Trade Show, visit https://www.alldigitalgalleries.com/Corporate/2020/0310-0311-MIC-Tradeshow/
1 of 1
# # #